Answer to an Eviction - Do it Yourself

Authored By: Legal Services State Support


If your landlord is trying to evict you from your house or apartment, you can fill out an Eviction Answer form to fight the claims in your landlord's court papers, in order to stay in your home. 

You can choose one of two different Eviction Answer forms to use:

After you fill out the forms:

  • Bring 3 copies of your Eviction Answer form to court.
    • Give 1 copy to your landlord
    • Give 1 copy to the judge
    • Keep 1 copy for yourself.

For more information on Evictions, read the Evictions fact sheet.