Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners (LAMP)
Who We Are
LAMP represents indigent inmates in civil legal cases. Our goal is to provide excellent legal representation, through student attorneys who are supervised by licensed attorneys, to those who need it most.
Who We Serve
- Additional Service Area Info
- We mainly serve the Shakopee and Stillwater prisons.
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
LAMP is funded by the William Mitchell College of Law. Depending on the students enrolled during any particular semester, we may have someone on staff who speaks another language.
- Income Guidelines
Eligible individuals must have little to no financial resources.
Clients are responsible for court fees, unless the fees are waived by the court (they usually are).
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
For help, you must be: a prisoner
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Emergency Instructions
We consider emergency cases on a case-by-case basis.