Answer to an Eviction
Authored By: Legal Services State Support
How to Answer an Eviction
If your landlord is trying to evict you from your house or apartment, you can fill out an Eviction Answer form to fight the claims in your landlord's court papers, in order to stay in your home.
You can choose one of two different Eviction Answer forms to use:
- You can fill out the Court's Eviction Answer form (or download the form in Spanish, Somali, or Hmong).
- If your case is more complicated, you can fill out a detailed Eviction Answer form.
After you fill out the forms:
- Bring 3 copies of your Eviction Answer form to court.
- Give 1 copy to your landlord
- Give 1 copy to the judge
- Keep 1 copy for yourself.
Read the Evictions fact sheet for more information about Evictions.