Apply for 3 More Months of SNAP
Authored By: Minneapolis - Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid
You Can Get More Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits!
If you are an able-bodied working adult without dependents (ABWAD) and have received SNAP benefits since January 2014
- You are eligible to receive an additional 3 months of SNAP
What do I do to get 3 more months of SNAP?
- Apply for benefits at your local county office
- Meet with the county employment & training person assigned to you, and show progress towards getting work
- If you have an illness or injury that keeps you from working, be sure to tell the county when you apply
In addition, you might get more months of SNAP if you are in one of these groups:
- A victim of domestic abuse
- A veteran
- A young adult who recently became too old for foster care (“aged out”)
- Used to have MFIP, but your youngest child is now too old for MFIP so you don’t have it now
Be sure to tell your county worker if you’re in one of these groups.
For more info about Able Bodied Adults without Dependents and SNAP work rules, click here.