This is Information, Not Legal Advice. LawHelpMN.org is for general information only. The information on LawHelpMN.org is not legal advice and cannot take the place of a lawyer. Every case is different. If you need legal advice, find a lawyer. The information is not guaranteed to be up to date. Also, the law can be different from state to state, so information on this website may not be right for your state.
Referrals Are Not Guaranteed Service. LawHelpMN.org has information about programs in the community that help people with legal problems. These programs help in different ways. Even if LawHelpMN.org refers you to a program, that is not a guarantee that the program can help you. Each program has its own process to decide if it can help someone. LawHelpMN.org is not responsible for the actions of any of the programs you choose from our site.
Lawyer Advertising. Hiring a lawyer is an important decision. Do not make that decision just by looking at advertisements. Before deciding on a lawyer, check their reputation and qualifications.
In some places this website may be seen as lawyer advertising. Any listing of a lawyer or program on LawHelpMN.org does not mean we recommend that lawyer or program.
Links. LawHelpMN.org has links to other resources online. Those links can help you find other resources that may be useful or of interest.
- Having those links on our website does not mean we sponsor, are affiliated with or are associated with the creators of the linked sites.
- We are not responsible for keeping links or content on other sites secure, accurate or up to date.
- We cannot give permission to anyone to use any trade name, trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted material that may be part of the linked sites.
- We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you enter on any other website.
- We are not responsible for any cookies or tracking technologies on any other websites you may use.
E-mail. Viewing LawHelpMN.org, or sending an e-mail message through this website, does NOT create a lawyer-client relationship with LawHelpMN.org. Sending an email to a lawyer or program mentioned in this site does NOT create a lawyer-client relationship between you and the lawyer or program. Unless you are already a client of the lawyer or program, your email may NOT be protected by the lawyer-client privilege. If your email is not encrypted, it might be taken or seen by people you did not send it to. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any emails you choose to send.
Deadlines are extremely important in most legal matters. You may lose important legal rights if you do not hire a lawyer right away to help you. Do not send emails to lawyers looking for help. Many people do not check their email daily, and some lawyers do not respond to emails that are not from clients.