Guests Who Stay Too Long

Authored By
Education for Justice

Do you have someone staying at your home and you are finding it hard to get them to leave? Maybe it’s a friend or family member who was facing hard times or an adult child who has not left. Here are things to think about when deciding how to deal with this. It is always best to try to talk to a lawyer because every case is different.

Note: if you are in danger from your guest call 911. Think about getting an Order for Protection (OFP) or Harassment Restraining Order (HRO). See our fact sheet Orders for Protection and Harassment Orders.