Immigration Relief for Victims of Family Violence

Authored By
Education for Justice

This fact sheet talks about how you can get temporary or permanent resident status in the US if you have been the victim of family or domestic violence.

Domestic violence and sexual assault are crimes in the United States.

If you or someone in your family has been hurt or if you worry about your safety, call the police or a domestic violence shelter right away.

I-360 VAWA Petition (Petition for Amerasians, Widow(er), or Special Immigrants)

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

I-918 U Nonimmigrant Status or U visa

Form I-589, Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal

Other Info