Assistive Technology Appeals: Medical Assistance

Authored By
Education for Justice

The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) runs the Medical Assistance (MA) program. There are different ways you could be getting your coverage:

  • You can get MA directly from the DHS. This is called fee-for-service Medical Assistance.
  • You also can be on MA but get your health benefits through a private health plan. This is called managed care.
  • Some people on MA get extra services through home and community-based waiver programs. Waiver programs are run by the county.

All 3 programs fund assistive technology.