MFIP and FSS for Family Violence Victims

Authored By
Education for Justice
View or print documents

If you are a victim of family violence, you may be able to get a family violence waiver added to your Employment Plan (EP). Family violence is when someone (your spouse, your boyfriend or girlfriend, your ex, someone you dated briefly and/or had sex with, your child, or your parent) is hurting you or your children, threatening to hurt you or your children, or makes you afraid for you or your children in another way.  

You may qualify for a family violence waiver if you are not currently experiencing violence but are still dealing with its effects or working towards healing. Examples: you or your children are going to counseling due to the violence or you are spending time going to court because of the violence.