Third-Party Custody and Grandparent Visitation

Browse the resources below for this topic.

Other Resources

Do-It-Yourself Forms

Welcome! The Minnesota Courts have forms for requesting or changing child custody or parenting time, and for responding to a motion for custody or parenting time.
Source: Minnesota Courts
When you start a court case, or are already involved in a court case, you are generally required to give the other party (the other side) to the case copies of any papers you are…
Source: Minnesota Courts

Helpful Websites

Legal Steps: Kinship Caregivers Manual
Author: State Support

Overview of laws and steps for third-party custody in Minnesota.

Kinship Caregivers and the Child Welfare System
Author: Child Welfare Information Gateway
Information to help kinship caregivers—including grandparents,aunts and uncles, other relatives, and family friends caring for children—work effectively with
the child welfare system