The public charge rule, a test for immigrants coming to the US and for some immigrants in the US who are applying for a green card for the first time, is now in effect.

To learn more, see our Public Charge Section.

Emergency Assistance (EA)

Browse the resources below for this topic.

Other Resources

Helpful Websites

MN Department of Human Services ApplyMN
Author: Minnesota Department of Human Services

ApplyMN is a simple, secure Web application that connects you with state and county services to help meet your and your family's basic needs. You can use ApplyMN to apply for:  cash assistance,  Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, child care assistance,  and  emergency assistance. 

Appeal a Decision for Denied, Reduced or Cut-Off Benefits - DHS Online Form
Author: MN Department of Human Services

Online form to request an appeal of a county/state action on your benefits. You usually have 30 days to file this form. Read the Welfare Appeals Fact Sheet for more information.

Q & A

Source: Senior Legal Line - Legal Aid Service of Northeastern Minnesota