Crime Victims' Rights

Browse the resources below for this topic.

Other Resources


This booklet helps you understand what an Order for Protection (OFP) is, how to get one, and how an OFP is different from a Harassment Restraining Order (HRO). This booklet sometimes refers to the abuser as a man and the victim as a woman…
Source: Education for Justice

Do-It-Yourself Forms

Minnesota Guide and File This free program helps you create the forms to ask the court for a Harassment Restraining Order (HRO). These forms are called "Petitioner's Affidavit…
Source: Minnesota Courts
Minnesota Guide and File This free program helps you create the forms to ask the court for an Order for Protection (OFP). These forms are called "Petitioner's Affidavit and…
Source: Minnesota Courts

Helpful Websites

United Way 211
Author: United Way 211

Call 2-1-1 or Toll Free: 800-543-7709 or Local: 651-291-0211 or text your zip code to 898-211 (texting available M-F 8am-7pm) or search at the website. United Way 2-1-1 provides free and confidential health and human services information for people in Minnesota. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to connect you with the resources and information you need.

Go to the website: United Way 211 Site
Help for Crime Victims - Office of Justice Programs
Author: Office of Justice Programs, Minnesota Department of Public Safety

Information about crime victim service providers, reparations and other financial assistance for victims, and crime victim rights.